The Chesapeake College Library is a Cooperating Collection of the Foundation Center. As a member of this nationwide network of libraries, community foundations, and other nonprofit agencies, the library provides visitors with free public access to grantmaker directories, books on fundraising and nonprofit management, and the Foundation Center's electronic database, The Foundation Directory Online Professional, Foundation Grants to Individuals Online, and Philanthropy In/Sight. The fully searchable databases includes detailed profiles of all active U. S. foundations, an extensive file of recent grants awarded by the nation's top funders, and interactive mapping tools.
The library also houses a print collection of resources on such topics as fund raising, grants, nonprofit organizations, proposal writing and other areas of interest. These resources are listed in the Chesapeake College library catalog, ChesCat.
In addition to resources provided by the Foundation Center, the following links are helpful in researching and retrieving grant and nonprofit information:
- Philanthropy Insight: another resource from the Foundation Center that helps one identify potential grants & grantmakers.
- Maryland Association of Nonprofit Organizations
- Enoch Pratt Free Library/Grants Collection
- Governor's Office on Service and Volunteerism
- Chesapeake Volunteer Center
- Mid Shore Community Foundation, Easton
- Community Foundation of the Eastern Shore, Salisbury
- Board Source