$85 for each test
$35 administrative fee paid prior to testing at the Business Office.
- No more than one-half of the number of credits normally required for graduation may be earned by satisfactorily passing approved examinations.
- CLEP students must have score reports sent directly from the College Level Examination Program to the Office of Registration.
- Applicant test scores will be reviewed to determine whether credit will be granted.
- No CLEP credit will be posted on any student's transcripts before his/her completion of at least 15 credit hours of study at Chesapeake with an overall grade average of 2.00.
- Chesapeake College can only offer CLEP credit for examinations, which parallel courses found in the College's current catalog. A current list of CLEP examinations for which Chesapeake College will grant credit is below.
- Students who have previously attempted a course at any accredited institution of higher education may not apply for CLEP or Credit by Examination for that course.
Obtaining CLEP Credit from Other Institutions
Policies regarding acceptability and scoring of CLEP exams vary among institutions. If you wish to receive CLEP credit from an institution other than Chesapeake College, you must abide by the other institution's guidelines. You may, however, take CLEP exams at Chesapeake College for reporting to other institutions.
|Title||Credit||Equates to||Passing Score|
|Accounting, Financial||3||ACC 103||50|
|Algebra, College||3||MAT 113||50|
|American Government||3||POL 180||50|
|American Literature||6||ENG 207, 208||50|
|Business Law||3||Bus 241||50|
|Calculus with Elementary Functions||4||MAT 140||50|
|College Composition Modular with no essay||3||ENG 101||50|
|English Literature||6||ENG 201, 202||50|
|French, Level I||6||FRE 121, 122||50|
|History of the US, I||3||HIS 101||50|
|History of the US, II||3||HIS 102||50|
|Human Growth and Development||3||PSC 250||50|
|Humanities||3||Humanities Elective (Does NOT fulfill Gen Ed)||50|
|Information Systems / Computer Applications||4||CIS 109||50|
|Literature, Analyzing and Interpreting||3||ENG 102||50|
|Macroeconomics, Principles||3||ECN 171||50|
|Management, Principles||3||BUS 215||50|
|Marketing, Principles||3||BUS 230||50|
|Microeconomics, Principles||3||ECN 172||50|
|Psychology, Introductory||3||PSC 150||50|
|Psychology, Educational||3||PSC 220||50|
|Social Sciences / History||6||Social Science Elective||50|
|Spanish, Level I||6||SPA 121, 122||50|
|Spanish, Level II||6||SPA 121, 122||50|
|Western Civilization I||3||HIS 121||50|
|Western Civilization II||3||HIS 122||50|