Academic Support Center
- Contact us
- Open hours
- See tutor schedules
- TRiO Student Support Services
- Where's the Academic Support Center?
- Be a tutor!
- Faculty information
- Disruptive Patrons Policy
- What subjects do we tutor?
- What should you expect from a tutoring session?
- How much does tutoring cost at Chesapeake? (Hint: it's free!)
- How do I get a tutor?
- Is tutoring available online?
- Can I make an appointment?
The Academic Support Center's major goal is student success. To that end, the Center offers tutoring for all students attending Chesapeake College. The dedicated staff of peer and professional tutors serve as resources for students in math, science, technology, business, written and oral communication, and critical thinking skills. While the Center is student-centered, a variety of academic support services are available to faculty and staff members, as well. The Academic Support Center strives for student retention so that students can ultimately meet their academic goals. The Academic Support Center houses TRiO Student Support Services, a federally funded TRIO student support services program.