TRIO Student Support Services
Who are we?
TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) Program is a federally funded program designed to help eligible students stay in school, graduate, and transfer to a 4-year institution. Students who qualify may utilize any of the free services listed below. Cambridge students are also eligible to apply. Every year, 80% of our TRiO SSS students maintain good academic standing and 70% stay in school the following year, graduate, and/or transfer to another school.
Why should you join TRiO Student Support Services?
- Individualized tutoring one hour a week per subject
- Academic advising
- Assistance with registering for courses
- Support with study skills, time management, and test anxiety
- Assistance with applying for financial aid
- Transfer and career planning
- Cultural opportunities
- And more!
Do you qualify?
To qualify, students must have a high school diploma or GED and meet one or more of the following criteria:
- first-generation college student (neither parent graduated from a 4-year college)
Prospective students meet with TRiO Student Support Services staff to discuss eligibility, the services they need, and program requirements before they are admitted to the program.
TRIO Student Support Services is a 100% federally funded program designed to enhance the academic success of students who are traditionally under-represented in post-secondary education.